Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sunburn tips, from the locals...

Of course, no matter where I go away from Jersey I get a "you're not from around here, are ya?"

This time, sunburn was my glaring abnormality.  Yeah, there were probably others. (no comments from the peanut gallery) This is the only I'm absolutely sure of!

Unlike my husband, who tans just by sitting under a reading lamp, I am a fair skinned woman of Dutch / German decent.  I burn.  I could put on sunblock 75 & still burn (fry)...  It is what it is.  AND with my medication, I'm not supposed to be in the sun.  So yeah, I looked like a lobster after floating on my raft in the Caribbean.

So here I am back in Cocoa Beach - on line in Walgreens with ice cream for my family & I get the "you're not from around here, are ya?"  At first the woman, very politely said - your accent sounds like your from New York (ahhhhhhhhhhh)  Nope, Jersey...  then she gave me the tip I'd never ever received before!

DANDRUFF SHAMPOO!!

No, not because I was scratching at my head or flaking on people, lol.  Dandruff shampoo helps your skin to not peel when you get a sun burn!!  I never thought of that - it prevents flaking & peeling and I might add, it was quite soothing.

The brand she specifically recommended was Neutrogena T-Sal - which I purchased when I got home.

I'm happy to report, my sunburn has turned into a pretty golden tan.  I didn't flake or peel AND the "sal" portion of the T-Sal is salicylate (ingredient in aspirin) which took any pain away.

So I share with you all this nugget of wisdom I learned.

Thank you to the lovely woman on line at Walgreens in Cocoa Beach!!

As always, thank you all for reading my blog!


~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!