Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Knowing who your friends are...

Having been incredibly naive most of my life - at one point in time, I called everyone a friend...

As said in prior posts, my old boss, Andy, set me straight on that years ago.  Everyone is an acquaintance until they've earned "FRIEND".

I've learned to not get so emotionally involved & to just sit back, watch & listen.  This practice has done me incredibly well, and saved me from hurt feelings from time to time.

Maybe I'm confused because I don't play the game.  I genuinely don't have ulterior motives & I'm not interested in stepping on someone face to get to the next "higher" place in society.  I can't be bothered with the competitive nonsense.  I am who I am - like me or not.  If you're going to "choose up" in friendships because someone else seems to be more of something, or have more of something and you think you can shine in a different light - well go have fun with that.  Clearly I've misjudged the situation.

I've learned that some people, no matter how much you trust them & think they are your friend - will shred you down to nothing to another friend the second you turn your back.  Especially women!

This can be incredibly hurtful - especially in situations where you really think you can trust someone - and then you find out that they've teamed up in tearing you down - or speak badly, or make fun of you. Really??  Are we 12??

Yeah, I've had this happen. I may not say anything, but I'm very aware of what goes on around me.  Learning experience.

I've always been of the opinion that girlfriends need to stick together and have each other's back.  All the time, not just when we need something.  Maybe that's just me and my sense of loyalty.  When it comes to my friends, no one tears them down around me.  At least not with me opening my mouth in their defense.

Life is hard!  We need to build each other up, not tear each other down.

Everyone has stuff - some more than others and not every day is going to be sparkling and fantastic.

I've both been victim of "false friends" and I've seen some of my friends be torn down.  It's so sad.  What's really to be gained by pretending?

Personally, I'm happy with me and I know who my real friends are and those who are just going through the motions.  It really is Ok - everyone needs to now where they stand.

If you feel like you're standing alone - come on over!  The more the merrier!  I may not be the richest, prettiest or have the most to offer - but I know friendship is a two way street.

I also know who my girlies are & they will always pick me up when I'm down & vice versa!  And you know who you are :)

Have a wonderful and happy day full of peace and love!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!