Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Meetings with friends from "back in the day"....

I've said before that regardless of how much information is out all over the place, I do just love Facebook!

It has truly awarded me with the re-kindling of some really great friendships from when I was younger.  Life does get in the way & we can't always be in touch with EVERYONE - until Facebook!

I've been so blessed to connect with old friends, and it's like we've never skipped a beat!

Several years ago, nope - not telling how many...  Our group of neighborhood friends was invited to our friend Elina's birthday party.  We were all preparing to go when we found out... No Boys Allowed!!  There were about 5 guys that usually hung out in our group of friends on a fairly regular basis.  My brother & step brother, Kelly's brothers and another boy down the street.  Elina's parents were strict Italian.  No boys meant no boys...  Got it, no boys.

The boys were already invited by the birthday girl.  How could we pull this off??

What to do, what to do??  Our devious little teenaged minds went into full gear & we decided to give the birthday girl a surprise!  With my parent's permission, we all went up to my room and dressed the boys up as girls!  We gave the boys my sweaters & bras - did their hair & put make up on them.  Voila, girls!  It was hysterical and they looked great, though they made some pathetically homely girls, lol.

Sadly, the photographic evidence is currently missing.  Guys, if you're reading this... the potential of these pictures hitting the internet may still exist...

In any case, we all walked down to Elina's house, nicely greeted her parents & strolled right into the party without a hitch.  It worked!!  We went in and had a really fun time - at one point, the boys all started ripping off their "bras" and putting their T-shirts on.  It was a memory never to be forgotten.

I got to share this memory again with Elina when she & I met for lunch a few months ago.

When we saw each other we hugged & cried - but once we sat and started talking, it was as if the 20+ years in between just melted away.

It really is just amazing, that no matter how much time passes - the heart will always remember & stay as full as it was 20, Ok maybe 30 years later.

So to Elina & the rest of my friends Facebook has blessed me with again...  I love you all & I'm happy to have had you in my life!

I wish you a day full of love and good friends!

Thank you for reading my blog!!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!