Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

God Bless My Hubby

...and I mean this without the slightest bit of sarcasm.

I, dear folks, am a handful.  I know this.  I don't try to hide it, and hubby was fully aware of what he was getting into.

I'm reminded of the line in the movie, The Notebook, where Noah says to Ally, “Well that’s what we do, we fight… You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass.  Which you are, 99% of the time.  I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings.  You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you’re back to doing the next pain-in-the-ass-thing.”

He lovingly calls me a diva, which I'm not sure I totally agree with.  I think that's just his nice way of saying that I'm a pain in the a** without actually saying so.  I may give him a run for his money, but I'm a woman.  That's my job.

As you have noticed - I mess with my hubby.  It's all in good fun & I always have my turn in the barrel.
I do my Jenn things - sometimes I embarrass him (not in a bad way).  I'm a hopeless flirt, which he ignores and I can definitely lose control at times.  He lets me go and then reels me in.  Oh, he has his moments too, believe me.  On the rare occasion that he flirts - he gets all cute and red in the face.  Sometimes when things get him angry, he runs to the end of his chain and barks like a junk yard dog.  Then I reel him in.  :)

When it really comes down to it, we take care of each other.  Partners.  We're both the same when it comes to loyalty and commitment.  We're in it for the long haul.

I wasn't always the luckiest in love, prior to my husband.  As the Millionaire Matchmaker would say, "my picker was off".

I truly believe there is a lid for every pot.  It's not always the exact right fit.  My brother and his ex-wife - GREAT friends.  They were so cute together.  They'd have pinching wars & laugh and joke around - but when they fought, they FOUGHT!  She's happily remarried & they remain good friends - it just didn't quite fit.  I've seen that in the past.  Not only with myself, but with other couples that didn't quite make it.  Love and friendship together are great, but sometimes the "gears" need to fit exactly right for the wheels to turn properly.

Mostly in my life, even young - I was able to spot the things that didn't quite work.  No matter how I felt, I just knew that it was better to be friends and not date.  In a few moments of stupidity and insecurity - I ignored those things & made mistakes.  Sad really, looking back - because each time I knew I wasn't where I needed to be.

I'm thankful now - not only do I have a wonderful friend, partner, husband - but he can put up with my crap!  All of it!  ...and I can put up with his.

Yeah, I might be a pain in the a**, but as long at I'm his pain in the a**, that's all that matters.

That, my friends - is what everyone deserves...  The one person who will be absolutely in love with every single breath you take.  Pain in the a** and all!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!