Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

Friends?? or Friends!!!

Stuff has just been getting to me lately...

Generally, I let things roll off my back & have a usual whatever will be will be attitude.  Sometimes, just sometimes when things really get to me, I just can't hold it in anymore.

I've officially reached the stage of "I don't care".  You don't like me, I don't care.  You don't call me, I don't care.  I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.  That is - until I do care.  And, I do care.

Friendship is a two way street, as are all relationships.  There's a give and take.  It may not always be even - but to keep things moving, at one person has to be the one to reach out to the other.

I am the person who reaches out.  I always reach out.  Most times, I don't mind - but sometimes it gets to me.  Don't sit back and wait 5 months of not hearing from me & then when I call say, Oh my gosh - you haven't called me in forever, where have you been??  Uh - I'm pretty sure the phone works both ways dear.

I'm genuinely not directing this at anyone.  This it's not even a current annoyance for me - but one that has plagued me in the past (when I let things get to me) and something I know some other folks deal with.  It's for the other folks I write this now.

If you are the non-caller...  Nothing hurts worse than having a friendship with someone who you call all the time & that person only calls you when they need something - or want something.  That is NOT being a good friend - that is utilizing your surroundings to best benefit your needs.

Sort of sad, really that people can so easily become tools.

I love my friends & I am so wonderfully blessed with an amazing circle of lovely ladies locally, who are the greatest friends you could ask for, of course my BFF & many other forever friends.  Of these folks, I know that even if I haven't spoken to a few of these ladies in 5 years - if something happened to any of us - we're right there.  No questions asked.

THAT is friendship.  Being there.  The give and take.  The good, the bad & the ugly - when ever, where ever - FOREVER!

Thank you for reading my blog!

Have a wonderful week!!

~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. i agree. and there are plenty of people in my life that i have had to say farewell to and go my own way. sometimes because i felt the relationship with them was not adding anything of value or merit to my life. So i thought it was a good time to move on. it took a while for me to get to that point. in fact, i felt like i couldn't do such a thing, and that is cut ties. it didn't feel "right". but really i had a choice all along. it just took a little nudging and encouragement with the few people i had to leave behind....but i don't regret it and not having them in my life now, is somewhat freeing, emotionally that is..

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!