Total Pageviews

Friday, April 20, 2012

Stuck in the past

I've made no bones about saying that my downward descent toward the next big -0- in my life has been freaking me out.

Have you ever heard the song 1985 by Bowling for Soup?  If not, click the orange link & you can.

I was never into the whole "dressing like Madonna" thing.  She became popular during my senior year of high school.


ANYWAY, my point here -
How the hell did I get so old?

When I listen to that song, I laugh because I can relate so well.  I've mentally made it my little theme song.

Every once in a while I long for my younger years; Late teens, early 20's.

Ahhh, those were the days.  When I was single, made a ton of money and could just pick up and go when ever I wanted to.  No real responsibilities.  I paid my bills and on Friday... Hmmmm, let's go to...Ooh, Barbados!  Ahh, that freedom of just picking up and going.  Sometimes I really miss that.

But here I am...Mommy, Wifey.  I'm not complaining.  Fact is, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I've dreamed of being where I am right now my whole life.  I love being home & cooking for my family.  Taking care of everyone.  Being mommy taxi and transporting kids to practices and sporting events or whatever and just being there for them.  This IS who I am!

I may not be this ultra-cool and hot 20 anything who could just pick up and go at any time, but who cares?

I had great fun - but I was running around trying to catch the bull by the tail.

Now, I've got the bull's tail and I'm swingin' it around like it's my job.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

So yeah, sometimes I do still miss my wild and crazy youth.

But where I am, is most certainly where I belong!

Thank you so much for reading my blog!!

Have a fantastic day!!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!