Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lost in translation...

Talk about freaking the heck out!

If you hadn't previously noticed, I'm a fairly accommodating human being.  I like for everyone to be happy and enjoy themselves.  Heck - I'm always up for a good time!  The more the merrier right?

So when my niece from Costa Rica emailed me asked if she & her family could stay with us for 2 weeks while she was visiting in the United States - OF COURSE I said yes!

Have I mentioned that I don't speak Spanish?  At least not well.  Ok, not even sort of well.  I jokingly refer to myself as Tia Gringa to my nieces and nephews in Costa Rica.  I try - it's just very, very sad.

Fortunately, most of our communication was done via email and Google translator.  I thought I hung pretty well with the whole conversation until this morning when I received this email (well snippets from the email leaving out detail).  "Hola Tia.  Salimos el sábado 12 Mayo, regresamos el 27 de Diciembre"

Does anyone else see what I saw??  Diciember?  DECEMBER!
Ahhhhhh

I freaked the heck out.  I immediately emailed my husband at work at 6 am.  How did this happen?  How could I have given the wrong idea?  Holy crap - 7 months.  How could I possibly have agreed to that?

Understand, I love my niece to death - but I don't want ANYONE and their little family unit visiting my home for 7 months!


No offense folks.  I partially lose my graciousness after day #4 as it is.  I will continue to cook for, and cater to everyone.  It won't take long until it gets to - thirsty?  Fridge is over there.  Help yourself.

Seven months would never, ever do!

You can imagine my relief to get the email that basically said,
"Oops - don't worry, Tia - I meant May."  Whew!

So now I'm calmly relaxing - one with my couch.  Nice cup of Chai Tea & my lap top.  Life is, once again, is as it should be.

I will be freaking out as the weekend comes closer & the family is getting set to arrive. 

While I do live by the more the merrier, I am still also a total perfectionist.  So I will be cooking & cleaning and preparing like a mad woman until they arrive and settle in.

For now...it's just me and my Chai - and all of you!

Thank you for always supporting me & for reading my blog!


Lots of love,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. YIKES! I can understand the freaking out...I would have too. I don't think I could handle it for two weeks, so you're a saint in my book ;D

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!