Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No Phonies Allowed! Go Home, Beat it!

Wow, I have really begun to notice the amount of phony women around me lately!

As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if some people will get the wrong idea.  I have to say straight out, probably the direction I'm aiming isn't a reader.

I'm not alone here.  I know that ALL of us have come across the "phony friend".

The person who smiles in your face & tells you how wonderful you are & then trashes you the second you step aside.  YUCK!

As I've gotten older, my tolerance level has decreased and there's only so much I'm willing to tolerate.

Fortunately for me, I'm a stand back and observe type of person, before I decide if someone is actually my "friend."  I do genuinely love everyone.  That doesn't make everyone my "friend."  It makes them people I know & I love people.  I've learned my lesson about actual "friendships" years ago!

Luckily, my REAL friends are an amazing group of ladies (and some men).  They are mostly like minded individuals who just want to have fun.  They're real.  Genuine.  That is what I appreciate.  That ingratiates me to someone.  To know that they're not someone who talks "out of both sides of their face."


I won't tolerate the whole "tickity, tickity, tickity" behind your back & then dump buckets of  sunshine on you to your face.  I also DON'T appreciate walking up upon it when it's happening and one of my friends are the topic of the ick!

I'm real - and I don't play the game.  You will never, ever need to wonder where you stand with me.  I'll tell ya!  I expect the same courtesy.  Blunt, brutal honesty!

If you're my friend - you're my friend both to my face and behind my back. 

There's no mystery if I'm pissed - I will address it.  It may not be that second, or even that day (because if I really care about you, I like to think about what I'll say) but you can bet your bottom dollar that the situation will be addressed.  I may discuss it to another friend to calm down - but if I'm going to say it to her, I'm going to say it to you.  Exactly as I put it out there.  I feel it's the right thing to do, if you're a friend.

Yes, I know I can be a little rough with my delivery, but as I said - at least it's out there.  Once it's out there, I'm done!  I will always hope for quick reconciliation, but do understand that my delivery sometimes needs to be digested & perhaps discussed.  That's what friends do!

You can't hold it in & pretend!  At least I can't.

I will be your friend and I will love you and defend you and be there for you when you need me to be. 

Just don't pretend with me.  I'm a Jersey girl, I can take it.

Let's get it out there & real with each other!

We only go around once.

Let's play nicely in the giant sandbox.

If you want to be a meanie, take your toys & go home - before one of my other friends throws sand in your eyes!

Lots of love all!

~Jenn


To the mean girls:
Be nice to my friends!
Code for "Toys"

7 comments:

  1. Love this and your honesty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit :)
    This is how everyone should be.. when do "women" realize they are NOT in high school anymore? Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Ellen!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Have a great day :)

      Delete
  3. Oh sista! You hit the nail on the head! We so need to meet!! lolol! I agree with Ellen's statement. Let's not forget we are NOT IN HIGH ANYMORE!!! :D

    Love ya Jenn! (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!