Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

Camping with the family! ...in the rain

Presently, I'm sitting in a quiet house.

The only noises I hear are the ceiling fan, the a/c and the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard.  LOVE it!

The short one - comatose!  Absolutely, positively - shot.  Out like a light.
Call it anything you want.  I call it quiet time!  Also, hubby & the princess are out grocery shopping.

This weekend was our annual church camping trip.  Now for those of you who will be turned off by the "c word" - get over it!  If you've read long enough you know - Yes, I go to church and no I'm not going to cram church down your throat.  For my newbies, now you know.  We good now?

Truth be told, we DO happen to attend a REALLY cool church!  I mean, how many churches host an annual camping trip, AND like each other enough to WANT to hang out with each other for a whole weekend?  I could go on and on about how cool our church is, but I'm talking about the camping trip.

It was definitely a rainy weekend.
Before you go feeling all sorry for me about camping in the rain...the last time I "tented" was October, 2004 - I believe.

I can still feel the cold coming up through the air mattress and crippling my back, and still hear the never ending parade of 18 wheelers in the distance - down shifting every 20 minutes from 10 pm to 5 am.  Ahh, rest & relaxation.

Yeah, my tenting days are LONG OVER!  I'm entirely too old to for that crap!

We have a camper.
I have my own bedroom, the kids have their own area.  There's a kitchen, a shower & a toilet.  No midnight fumbling to get out of the tent to make my way over to the disgusting bath house.  Camper!  It's nice for family travel & no one else, besides us, has drooled on the pillows or done you know what in the bed.  It's my home away from home that I can take where ever I want, or allow it to be our rolling guest house when need be.

So back to the camping trip...What is it that tuckers the short one out so??

Well, the campground we went to is very family oriented.  Lots of kids & our group alone consisted of about 12-14 kids under the age of 10.  We were parked in an area that was much like the track at your local high school.  A big circle around the area where the farm animals were penned.  We could see around the entire circle, which they continually ran laps around.

Then of course there was the swimming pool... Rain??  Pfft... they were already wet...  Mostly, the kids just played & we knew where the were at all times - well, except once when the short one took off without telling me where she was going.
I'm happy to report I've survived that mild total flippin' coronary!

The rain matters very little when you're around people you enjoy.  There were EZ Ups & tables & tons food.  It really was just great.

Ya know what's not so great?
OK, maybe not that much.....
Laundry.  Yeah, I had no laundry before we left.  I don't know what it is about camping that can create 5 loads of laundry in 2 1/2 days - but that's where I am now.

So it's off to slay the dreaded laundry monster.  If you don't hear from me in a while, send help!

However, I do fully expect the house to go dark by 8 pm this evening... after all, we're shot!

Thank you for reading my blog!!

Smoochies!!

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun, even with the rain. Hope to make it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!