Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hello Outside! Are you calling to me??

Sometimes this whole work thing really gets in the way of my life!

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my job & I prefer to work.  I had the option to stay home, but why??  My kids are in school all day.  But you know all this crap - we've discussed it before.

Sometimes, on days that I'm not jumping through hoops to keep the average Italian happy (owned by an Italian company) I look out my office window to the sunshine & trees across the parking lot & think MAN, do I want to be out there right now!

Then I fall into my brain & dreams of wanderlust.  Yes I can dream of wanderlust, not just have it!  Cuz' ya know - my actual wanderlust has been thwarted by the short people that live in my home.  Yeah, yeah - I could take them - but I want to go places - see things. Things that the short people would somehow foul at the tender ages of 10 & 6.

I know some of you out there are nodding your heads in agreement so hard they're about to snap off your neck.

Lately, I'm dreaming of San Diego.  Not with my family - alone!  Yep, just me.  Me, me, me!

I want to fly, free as a bird, even just for a few days & go see my first born.

When not with my young sailor, I'd love time to to walk the beaches of Cali - alone and just listen to the Pacific crash against the shore - even for just a little while.

And then, after the day is done... to watch the sun SET instead of rise, as it does on the East coast.  To just relax & snap back into gear.  Yes - this is my wanderlust dream of late.

It's this and the many other random dreams of travel that flit through my head randomly through the beautiful sunny days.  Like today.

While the pile of papers next to my desk may be staring me down - I know it's the warm, sunny breeze outside that's really calling to me.  Throwing me the mental image of me in a long flowing skirt & my hair blowing gently in the breeze - sitting on a blanket under a tree in the bright sunlight.  Then pouring a nice glass of red & nibbling on fabulous gourmet cheese.

Ah - you see it too, don't you.  Sounds nice, doesn't it?

Poof - back to reality.

Oh well - I'd probably be bored if I were independently wealthy anyway.

Right?

Thank you for reading my blog!

Wishing you a day full a beautiful dreams & even better realities!

Smoochies!

~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can feel it! Yep. This is so me! Would love to get away....just me. I think us women need it occasionally! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linked to your blog through Blog Hop from YKIHAYHT and really am enjoying what I'm reading! I've got my own Jenn (my 14 year old) so your name is great! Following you, and hoping you'll check out my blog and enjoy it as well.
    Teri
    http://teri-b.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!