Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

Time Sure Flies When You're Having Fun...

Wow, what a whirl wind of days that flew by me before I could notice!

Work has had a stronghold over me lately.  I blinked & two weeks just zoomed right past.  Don't you hate that?

Today is Friday, and Friday is full of awesomeness in my house!  We stay up late and act goofy and then tomorrow we get to sleep in - stay in our jammies all day if we want, until it's time to go in the pool.  THIS is what I love about summer, about weekends & about the time with my kids.  Carefree - have fun, do what we want.  No rules!  Well, OK - some rules.

No matter how old he is, this is how I see him.
The time with my son screamed by.
I can't even believe that he's grown, out of the house and defending our country.  We had our fun while he was really little & things got hard for us.  Then time took hold & ran so fast I don't know what happened.  School, Sports - I blinked.

When I was younger, my body wouldn't cooperate in the "child manufacturing department".
So my "bio babies" are ten years apart and then the little chickadee is 5 years younger than my baby girl.

I have a second chance at enjoying my babies while they're still young, but it's happening again. 

"Baby Girl" is almost 10.
She's already rolling her eyes at me.  I'm only cool some of the time & the rest of the time I'm just REALLY MEAN and "don't let her do anything."  Ho hum...

Well, I've still got chickadee - for as long as she stays with us.
She still seems to like me, but then I'm also not "bio mom" so I totally rock.  Well, most of the time.

Some days, I wish I could stop time, or even have a remote control to pause or rewind.  Sometimes fast forward - you know the times.  Just more time to enjoy the things that go by so fast.  The things that rob you of the good stuff.

I'm definitely rolling into the time of my life where I've gotten my "freedom to be me" back.  I still have to get babysitters if I want to go out, but no more diapers, no more bottles or feeding little people who can't feed themselves.  I'm finally getting to enjoy my friends & be a big person again.

Before I know it, the short ones will be big ones & following their big brother onto the next phase of their life.

It makes me sad to think about it sometimes, but for now - I'm just going to soak up every second of the little people time.

Don't blink!

As always, thank you for your continued support & for reading my blog!

Have an amazing weekend!!

Big Smoochies!!

~Jenn

6 comments:

  1. Found my way here (and following) from the TGIF Blog Hop! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Kim! I'm trying to follow you - but BlogFrog has me befuddled :) Can I grab you on Facebook? Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Even though my son is only 4, I can relate. I don't have to actually dress him now, just TELL him to get dressed. Things like that are making me feel a little more like my old self but I know I have a long way to go. Found your blog on the Blog Hop. Hope you'll stop by mine, too. http://www.notmymomsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...I was just thinking about all of this today too. It's so nice when they gain a bit more independence and don't depend on you for everything - aka some of your freedom back - but it's also sad because you miss them being littlies; the cuddling and the sweet moments when they still like you and aren't yet mouthy. Seems like they become "teenagers" much earlier. My now 12 year old was rolling his eyes at me at around 9 if I remember correctly. Sigh. Enjoy every minute. I'm going to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that, and my 10 year old constantly rolls her eyes at me as well. Hmpf. Thanks for linking up again my friend. Your support is so fabulous! Love you to pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. Yes, they do grow up so fast. My son is 16...before I know it, he will be on his own. Though 99.9% of the time, I'm the most annoying, uncool person he knows, I cherish these days.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!