Total Pageviews

Friday, September 28, 2012

Don't pee on my leg & tell me it's raining....


Not the most lady like approach to a blog title, I know...



I credit my sales manager (and Judge Judy) for that phrase, because it really sums things up nicely sometimes when you really want to say,
"Cut the BS already, will ya!"

I've been relating to this quite a bit over the past year or so while watching the things that go on around me.

Personally, I'm the type that calls 'em like I see 'em.
I don't candy coat it & I don't tip toe around it.  If I have something to say, I say it.  If I can't say it in a conversation - it goes in an email, but I say it.

While I've had some realities come to light in my own life - it's the eye opening events in the lives of others that make me feel sad.  Especially when it's a person who can't care for them self.

Even as a grown woman - I can tend to be easily manipulated.  I am incredibly smart in some ways, but in others - totally and completely naive.  Especially when it comes to emotions and affairs of the heart.  I want to believe that everyone is as honest and forthcoming as I am.

I like to believe that people are who they say they are - and I'm an adult.  The little people - they only see the pretty colors & want to believe it's all sunshine and rainbows.  They miss the stuff under the surface.  The stuff that rips them down.

Most of us know that "affairs of the heart" aren't limited to romantic relationships.  It extends to our children, our friends, our family, even our pets or jobs - any person or thing that evokes emotion.

Three words I take very seriously in my life....

I   LOVE   YOU

If I don't feel it, if I don't mean it, I don't say it.

These words can reduce a heart of ice to a mere puddle.

These three words can also be the biggest manipulation tool on the planet.

Over and over I've seen (and felt) the manipulation of the words.

Look me into my eyes, sweet love, with that big beautiful smile 
and tell me how much you love me.

...and the in the next second tell me how very bad and insignificant I am.


Please allow me do some more back flips to show you how much you are loved while you stick your foot out to trip me.

...but you love me.

It hurts my heart to see someone that I care about being, metaphorically, kicked in the face over and over again while just trying to love and be loved.

All while hearing the words... "but I love you."


Such an easy tool this love is.
So powerful a sword to take down another with so little effort.  How easily it's wielded against someone who's so seemingly intelligent and stable.
Or someone who is, just a child.

Personally, I'd rather feel real rain on my back and know that it's true, than well.... ya know....


Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn



1 comment:

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!