Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The simple life....

I've never been one of those people who need to keep up with the Jones'...

Yes, I like nice things - but I also like to keep it simple.


I don't NEED to have the latest greatest anything. I've got all I need.  I don't need to make my life appear better by getting the latest greatest thing because someone else has something bigger, better, faster, cooler - whatever.....

Who flippin' cares?

It reminds me of the Christmas movie "Deck the Halls" with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick where they're trying to out do each other with the house lighting...  In the end, it just blew up.

I'm not the type of person to care if your house is bigger, if your kids are better dressed or if you shop at Neiman Marcus... I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.  I also don't want you to care what I've got, where I go and how much anything I have - or don't have.

Jealousy and competition are a waste of time, energy and emotion.

Get over it!

Chances are, if I've got it and you need it - I'll just give it to you.

I don't like my feet being held to society's fire.  If I want something I'll go buy it - because I want it, not because it will make me cooler, more popular, more beautiful...  Blah Blah Blah - it's all BS!

I must have learned this from my dad.  He was very Peace, Love and Tie Dye.  He would have been happy living in a tee-pee as long as his family was fed & happy.

Yeah, once upon a time - I may have wanted the bigger, better deal.  As I've aged & had a few close calls with health issues, I've gotten a handle on what's really important.  It's clear to me that I've got the best deal there is!

When it really comes down to it - in the end, no one cares if you've left behind a mansion and a millions of dollars.  While it's true that it's much nicer to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle, when it's done, it's done.  Gone, finished, kaput.

It's all about being happy (content) while you're here.  It's about being the best you that you can be and doing for others.  It's about enjoying your friends & family and just living life.

When you're gone, no one will care about the millions you've left behind.  They're going to talk about the kind of person you were and the imprint you've left on this planet.

Keep it simple & be happy with yourself.  The rest will fall into place.

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!